Chiddy Bang is partnering with Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief charity, to launch a Breakfast Food Drive with college fans from 13 markets across the United States. The Feeding America network is comprised of more than 200 member food banks serving all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, and secures and distributes 3 billion pounds of food and grocery products annually.
Over 20 student run organizations (student unions, fraternities, sororities,) will participate in the “Breakfast Food Drive” which will take place over a 10 day span beginning Friday, February 24th. (Submission cut off was February 21, 2012)
Guidelines for participation in Feeding America and Chiddy Bang BREAKFAST food drive contest:
1) Donations will be recorded by weight. The school organization with the largest donation (in weight) will win the grand prize.
2) Weight will be recorded by food bank and provided to Feeding America for final judgment of contest winners.
3) If financially possible, please provide items from the suggested breakfast donation items list below.
4) Do not donate anything perishable.
5) Provide nutritious breakfast items.
6) Donations must be delivered on Monday, March 5 to the local food bank within the time frame provided below (time frame will vary based on food bank).
- Please call your food bank contact 30—60 minutes prior to arrival to give them a heads up.
Suggested Breakfast Donation Items:
• 100% Juice (boxes or plastic containers – no glass)
• Hot Dry Cereal such as oatmeal, cream of wheat, malt-o-meal
• Low-Sugar Cereal (preferably whole grain, low-sugar cereals like Cheerios or GrapeNuts)
• Pancake and/or Waffle Mix
• Canned Fruits
• Peanut Butter (plastic only)
• Dried Fruits
• Granola and Granola Bars
• Aseptic, Shelf-Stable Milk
Participating Feeding America food banks are:
- Capital Area Food Bank (Washington, D.C.)
- Cleveland Food Bank (OH)
- Community Food Share (CO)
- Delaware Food Bank (DE)
- Eastern Illinois Food Bank (IL)
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina (NC)
- Food Lifeline (WA)
- Greater Boston Food Bank (MA)
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank (CA)
- Mississippi Food Network (MS)
- Mid-Ohio Foodbank (OH)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina (NC)